China GB 14881-2013 General Hygienic Regulation for Food Production
18 August, 2014
GB 14881-2013, China national standard on general hygienic for food production specifies the requirements and administration rules of places, facilities and workers in each section of food production, including raw material purchase, processing, packaging, storage and transportation, etc. GB 14881-2013 is the basic standard which manufacturers must comply with.On 24 May 2013, GB 14881-2013 was issued by the National Health and Family Planning Commission of People’s Republic of China (NHFPC). It replaced GB 14881-1994 and was implemented on 1 June 2014.
Compared to GB 14881-1994, the changes have been highlighted as follows:
1. Strengthen the source control. GB 14881-2013 particularly specifies the food safety control measures in the section of raw material purchase, goods inspection, storage, transportation and so on.
2. Enhance the process control. GB 14881-2013 puts forward explicit requirements regarding food safety control in the production process, such as processing, storage, transportation, etc. Furthermore, several measures have been set up to control the biological, chemical and physical pollution.
3. Reinforce the prevention and control of biological, chemical and physical pollution. In order to do those, GB 14881-2013 makes demands on design layout, facilities and equipment, texture and health management.
4. Expand specific demands of product tracing and recall.
5. Require to manage and keep the records and documents.
6. New Annex A is added, namely guidance on microbial monitoring during food production.
Meanwhile, the National Health and Family Planning Commission of the People’s Republic of China (NHFPC) had been drafting corresponding national standards for product hygienic. These national standards and GB 14881-2013 will be very helpful for enterprises to control pollution risk and ensure food safety.
GB 14881-2013 Food Safety National Standard for General Hygienic Regulation for Food Production (CN version free download).
If you would like to get more information, pleases send us an email.
Ms. Alice Yang , Food & Health Products, CIRS China
11F Dongguan Building, 288 Qiuyi Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, China, 310020
Tel : +86 571 8720 6555 | Fax : +86 571 8720 6533
We welcome you to visit our new website in food area