CIRS Experts Attended the Annual Meeting of Safety Management of Chemicals 2014
Original Article from CIRS
Neso Zhao, regulatory professional from CIRS, attended the annual meeting of safety management of chemicals on November 13th 2014, and brought us very valuable information.
According to Miss Zhao, this meeting reviewed several breaking news happened in 2014, which can be concluded as below:
- Chemicals, of which hazardous property is not clear, should be identified. Registration will be required, if the chemical was identified as hazardous chemicals. Especially, one or more components in chemicals listed in the Catalog of Hazardous Chemicals, of which hazardous property is not clear, should also be identified. If it proved to be hazardous, then registration should be required, too.
- Beijing, Liaoning, Zhejiang, Chongqing and Shanghai and other provinces are now starting to conduct a series of measures to promote the hazardous chemicals registration, at the same time, the State Administration of Work Safety in China (SAWS) intend to strengthen the punishment for those who violated the SAWS Order No.53. Enterprises which violated the regulation but refused to amend would be fined from 50,000 RMB to 200,000 RMB. In addition, the direct responsible persons would also be fined from 10,000RMB to 20,000RMB.
- There are more than 23,000 manufacturers and 135 importers have obtained the registration certificates, since the new information management system for hazardous chemicals was used from July 1st 2013. So far, more than 500 importers have succeeded in applying user registration, and about 400 of them have submitted register application, they are being checked by related authorities. Up to now, almost 3,100 kinds of imported chemical substances passed the registration check.
- SAWS plans to issue a guidance document for the Catalog of Hazardous chemicals, which would include UN number, hazardous class, signal words and Hazard Statement.
In terms of the regulations of registration for hazardous chemicals, Miss Zhao also summarized some useful information:
- Regulations on Safe Management of Hazardous Chemicals in China (Decree 591) stipulated that the State Administration of Work Safety in the State Council, the Ministry of Environment Protection and Health Management Department should respectively take responsibility to identify the physical hazard, environmental hazards and toxicology of hazardous chemicals. Now, the data for physical hazard is required but environmental hazards and toxicology identification can take international GLP lab’s data or authoritative database for reference.
- Decree 591 points out that registration enterprises have to entrust qualified lab to identify the physical hazard. Once the physical properties of chemicals were identified as hazard, then it should be registered.
- The identification and classification of hazardous chemicals both have been clarified. The procedures are: to collect data and analyze the data gap, then submit the qualified data to superior department for classified check. Because the relevant qualified institute has not been issued, enterprises can entrust institutes that possess Class-A aptitude for inspection of safe production to do the identification.
- Natural ore, articles that contain hazardous chemicals, polymer and creatures are all exempted from hazardous chemicals registration.
The annual meeting of safety management of chemicals gave out very systematic information for the updates of regulations for administrating hazardous chemicals. It also revealed the newest plan in the next year. CIRS will pay constant attention to those updates.
CIRS provides professional compliance services in hazardous chemicals. If you have any interests in knowing more about relevant information, please inquiry us immediately.
Hangzhou CIRS Co., Ltd. (CIRS China)
11F Building 1, Dongguan Hi-Tech Park, 288 Qiuyi Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China
Tel: +86-571 8720 6555 | Fax: +86-571 8720 6533