Breaking News: The Revised Safety Production Law Come into Force Today
Original Article from CIRS
According to the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS), the amended Safety Production Law shall take effect on December 1st, 2014. As early as August 31st this year, the revised Safe Production Law was promulgated by the president Xi Jinping at the 12th session of the standing committee of the National People's Congress the 10th meeting.
Compared with the previous law in 2002, more than 52 articles have been revised including specific changes, adding and deleting articles. The highlights of the new Safety Production Law are concluded as bellow:
- Placing people first and promoting the development of security. The new law fully reflects the important instruction of president Xi Jinping that seeking development at the premise of putting life security at first.
- Establishing completed policies and mechanism for work safety. The revised law takes precaution as the principle, requiring enterprises to lay their working emphasis on controlling and removing dangerous factors from source. Furthermore, supervisions from governments and society should also be strengthened.
- To clarify the responsibility and accountability of law-enforcing departments. The State Council and local governments above county level ought to build a coordinate mechanism in solving serious problems in administration of safety production.
- To clarify the obligations of township governments, urban neighborhood offices and regulatory agencies of industrial parks. The revised law requires that departments mentioned above should take responsibilities to intensify the management of work safety in their administrative regions and to coordinate with superior governments to exercise supervision rights.
- For some high-stake industries like mining, metal smelting, and production of hazardous chemicals, safety management should be more stringent.
- Setting up precautionary system and emergency rescue measures for accidents. Producers or operators have to strictly sweeping check their workplaces to ensure that hidden dangers be removed in time. If any hidden danger was found but no immediate action taken immediately, then stringent administrative penalty will shed on.
- To build a standardized regime to regulate safety production. With years of experience, the new law clearly put forward that enhancing fundamental safety structure and improving production level are the top priority, which will exert a significant on the management of safety production.
- To promote the policy of certified safety engineer. Industries like mining and metal smelting, or enterprises which produce hazardous products should employ certified safety engineer to manage safety production. Moreover, the relevant departments in State Council will be authorized to formulate the administrative measures to classify the certified safety engineers, with the aim that those engineers can be professionally regulated.
- To complete the insurance system for safety production. Lauching insurance system in safety production management can increase the compensation fee for the victims once accident happened. Besides, financial burden of government will be alleviated to some degrees. Insurance companies will also take effect on supervising the management of safety production
- The penalty for illegal behaviors on safety production will be toughened. The punishments to the industries which violated the law become severer and the penalty fee will range from 200,000 to 20 million RMB, depending on the infringement degree.
This is the first and biggest revision of Safety Production Law in China in the past 12 years, since the old law was passed in 2002 and it shall have a significant influence on all industries in China.
- CIRS China
Hangzhou CIRS Co. Ltd (CIRS China)
11F Building 1, Dongguan Hi-Tech Park, 288 Qiuyi Road, Binjiang District, Hangzhou 310052, China
Tel: +86-571 8720 6574 | Fax: +86-571 8720 6533