The final REACH registration deadline is on 31 May. This is the legal deadline laid down in the EU’s REACH Regulation. Enterprises need to ensure that they submit their registration dossiers on time. If not, enterprises can no longer manufacture or import the chemical substances legally in the EU/EEA as of 1 Jun. 2018.
All registrants must be aware that the national enforcement authorities have the task to inspect EU/EEA companies’ compliance with their legal obligations. Enforcement actions are expected to take place across Europe after the deadline. These actions include
- REACH-EN-FORCE project (REF-7) in 2019; and
- In cooperation with customs authorities;
The national authorities will also focus on the verification of the registration obligations of companies manufacturing or importing chemicals;
Meanwhile, in carrying out inspections, authorities will use all the information available to them on the companies’ registrations, including the date of submission of the dossier.
ECHA will assist enterprises right up until the last minute so that enterprises can submit their registration:
- REACH-IT is open every day, 24 hours a day.
- Our REACH 2018 Support live chat is open on weekdays from 9:00 to 16:00 CEST. On 31 May, it will be exceptionally open until midnight CEST to address your last-minute issues. In addition, the availability of the chat is extended until 8 June to help enterprises with their outstanding registration-related questions.
- Enterprises can always contact ECHA through contact form.
- Enterprises can apply for Directors’ Contact Group (DCG) solutions until 30 May.
- Support material is available on ECHA’s REACH 2018 web pages in 23 EU languages.
Further InformationECHA News