In May 2017, Chinese President Xi Jinping announced that China would host China International Import Expo (CIIE) from 2018 onwards and that the first session would be held in Shanghai from November 5 to 10, 2018 at the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation.
According to the regulations issued by General Administration of Customs such as The Customs Clearance Notice for the First China International Import Expo of 2018 and The Facilitation Measures of the Customs for the First China International Import Expo of 2018, Notice on the First China International Import Expo Food and Cosmetics Exhibitors and the Guideline of Inspection and Quarantine for the First China International Import Expo Food and Cosmetics Exhibitors was published on September 30, 2018 by Shanghai Customs. The notice shall take effect from the date of promulgation. CIRS Group has summarized main contents related with the cosmetics exhibitors, so that the exhibitors can participate in the expo smoothly.
Notice on the First China International Import Expo Food and Cosmetics Exhibitors by Shanghai Customs
- The exhibits shall be declared to Shanghai Customs by the exhibitors or their transportation service providers, and they can only be exhibited after passing the examination and verification by Shanghai Customs
- The exhibitors should apply to Shanghai Customs in written form for trial cosmetic products (See attachment 1 for application form)
- Attach qualified certificate (Such as official certificates of the participating countries, third-party inspection reports or the exhibitors' self-inspection reports and statement issued by Shanghai National Exhibition and Convention Center
- With the approval of the customs, trial products can be exempted from the Chinese label, but the exhibitor should indicate the name, shelf life, warning word, use methods and other matters in Chinese next to the exhibits.
- Trial record shall be well recorded by exhibitors (See attachment 2 for record form) so as to ensure related products can be recallable and traceable in an emergency.
- Shanghai customs shall carry out risk monitoring for applied trial cosmetics products and exhibits without quarantine permit. Exhibitors and their service providers shall cooperate with relevant customs departments to collect monitoring samples.
- Exhibitors should place sufficient number of closed and marked collection boxes for waste collection.
- Qualified professional disposal units should be entrusted to carry out waste disposal uniformly.
The Guideline of Inspection and Quarantine for the First China International Import Expo Food and Cosmetics Exhibitors by Shanghai Customs
Cosmetic exhibition methods and requirements - Exhibition + On-site tasting and distribution
- Qualified certificate and statement issued by Shanghai National Exhibition and Convention Center
- Trial products can be exempted from the Chinese label, but the exhibitor should indicate the name, shelf life, warning words, use methods and other matters in Chinese next to the exhibits.
Cosmetic exhibition methods and requirements - Exhibition + Sale
- Hygiene license or Registered or recorded cosmetics products via CFDA.
- The domestic consignee shall complete the filing of imported cosmetics consignee according to relevant customs regulations before importation.
- Chinese label is required.
- Handling the import procedures in accordance with relevant customs regulations.
Official contact information for sample importation and other related issues of cosmetics in China International Import Expo:
Shanghai Customs Food Safety Supervision Department
Add: Room 1215, No. 1208, Minsheng road, Pudong new district, Shanghai
Zip Code: 200135
Contact information for sample importation and other related service requirements of cosmetics in China International Import Expo:
Hangzhou REACH Technology Co., Ltd (CIRS Group)
Add: 11/F., Bldg 1, Dongguan Hi-Tech Park, 288 Qiuyi Rd, Binjiang District, Hangzhou, China